StudenTrack - Version 2.5
This MS Access database application is based on the StudenTrack application that was done for the Pelican Gate Primary School in Tortola, BVI. (version 2.0). This new version customizes the grading system so that it fits what is required by the BVI's Department of Education. The final reports are exactly as stipulated by the BVI's Department of Education. There are also some improvements over the previous version, and this version has been tested and used with MS Access 2008.
This is a simple, elegant, and yet powerful database application solution. Some of its capabilities include the following:
- Recording the details of all students entering the school (their parents details is also recorded).
- Print the details of all students in the school and their corresponding parents.
- Record the details of student fees paid and issue receipts for fees paid.
- Record information about teachers and classes.
- Assign teachers and students to classes.
- Recording and printing class attendance.
- Enter evaluations for students and their corresponding grades.
- Print details of class evaluation results.
- Print details of students' evaluation results.
- Print student report cards.
This application was a complete database development solution. This means that the client just said what they wanted and I was responsible for everything from there, including:
- Analyzing the needs of the client.
- Designing the database.
- Developing the database.
- Implementing the database, in MS Access in this case.
- Maintaining the database.